Saturday, June 26, 2010

12 WEEKS!


12 weeks! My baby girls are already 12 WEEKS! So crazy. Time has really flown by (prob b/c most of that time I was a walking zombie lol).

I can say sleep has gotten better. The girls are usually asleep by 10pm and awake again around 5am-ish. I cant complain. Breastfeeding is also going great. I have practically filled our new deep freezer! BUT we have gone backwards with the sleeping arrangements. I was working so hard to get them both sleeping in their pack n play (bassinet). I thought this would be good for when I go back to work in 4 weeks. Yes I dont want to talk about that! Boo. Anyway with Ava's tummy issues I was bringing her into bed with me and then I cant leave Leah alone (my issue not her's) so her little behind is now in there too LOL. They sleep GREAT in bed with us which = great sleep for the parents. I have no idea how DH will do this alone though since they are each used to the cuddles. I still am finding myself around 3am working the gas out of Ava and sometimes Leah as well. I have my eyes closed as I work their legs. Im sure its a sight haha. I do worry when Im back to work if DH will be aware of all their little groans. I hear it instantly and work it out before they are in too much pain. UGH I am worried! No one can take the place of mommy :(. Fortunately my hours at work consist of 3-12hr shifts a week (7p-7a). Im going to miss these girls. I have been lucky with my time off. These last two months are personal leave which is no pay. Totally sucks but I will live on Top Ramen if I have to so I can stay home as long as possible.

The girls are so smiley now which is so fun. They are growing so fast. Its official: Ava can no longer wear ANY 0-3mo. She is in 3-6mo for sure now. I used to be able to squeeze her in lol. Now I have to buy different sizes for the girls. They are getting into toys now so DH and I went out and got them a few. So far their Fav is a Little Einstein music thingy. They go wild when the lights start to flash. I put rattles in their hands and they end up knocking their heads with it so I think we need to wait on those a few more weeks HA!

I had to take Leah to the Ped yesterday. Her eye has been having some discharge. I really wasnt too worried since it wasnt red or pink and it didnt seem to bother her. We had to see another Ped in the office which sucked but oh well. Leah would not look at her at all. Leah is our very smiley girl so it was funny to watch her ignore the dr. I know the dr was wondering if she was meeting her milestones and such but oh well Leah had white coat syndrome lol. She gave her an antibiotic ointment and today it looks fine. I think it might just be a clogged duct but I will continue the meds for just in case. I think if it was pink eye Ava would have for sure had it by now!

I am still losing weight. Which is crazy b/c I eat like a cow. Its true. I eat constantly. Today I decided to go out and find some new clothes (just a few). I am tired of looking so frompy. My clothes just hang on me now. I found a cute pair of shorts and capri's but cannot find any tops! I am so in between sizes. My boobs are ginormous so if it fits my chest its loose on my belly and vice versa. We had gone out yesterday looking for me but ended up buying for the girls. How can you resist? Their clothes are SUPER cute!

Also Ava has a hemangioma on her neck. Im trying not to worry about it. I told the dr it looked like it was growing but she says thats just b/c her skin is stretching as she grows. Also when we stand her up she stands on the sides of her feet. Leah doesnt do this so it makes us wonder too. I know its so bad...we should NOT compare. I just hope her feet are ok. I will keep an eye on them until her 4mo well baby check. But if something is wrong I want to catch it early in case she needs braces or something. I just dont want to be one of those paranoid moms.

Anyway I guess thats it. Just so many changes! I am completely in love with these girls and they so have my heart! Still weird to realize that I have two babies and am a mom. I wonder if it will ever feel real and not a dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment