Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day...party of four.


So yesterday was Father's Day. I can't help but remember last year at this time. We had just lost our first baby. We were both devastated. I had bought my hubby a Father's Day gift and card. I remember thinking what do I do with this now? It was awful. I on the other hand had a great first Mother's Day b/c I was still pregnant. That was a great day! Michael had bought me flowers, card, and a necklace. I still wear that necklace (the girls have started playing with it while I nurse :) ).

I can't believe all that has happened in one year! We now have almost 3 month old twins! Crazy. Michael was so excited for this day. He said it felt like Christmas lol. I got him a T shirt that says "Daddy of Twins. Im the Man!" He loved it. If I had only known that through all that pain...in the end we would have these girls. I still yearn for that first baby. I think that's only natural. He/She is a part of me forever. I carried him under my heart for almost 10 weeks.

Anyway we had a great day even though Michael had to work. We went out to dinner just the four of us. I love saying that! Finally a family. Before the girls we were a couple but now we can officially call ourselves a family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment